Friday, January 22, 2010

Mama is going to school

I enrolled to a Bachelor Degree programme last week in International Islamic University. It is a part time degree programme which requires me to attend the classes forthnightly every 1st and 3rd weekend of the month and this requires a lot of sacrife for three of us, my husband, myself and our little Safiyyah.

My classes will begin next week and the duration for the course is merely 4 years which i have 11 semesters to complete with merely 40 subjects to finish. Half of the subjects i already sit and passed and some with distinction when i did my diploma before but i may not taking any credit transfer as i was graduated almost 10 years ago. I think it is good to refresh eventhough it takes me longer time to graduate.

I'm a bit nervous as i need to work harder than before as i have a lot of responsibility now including work, being a wife and a mother at the same time. I hope that i can do well and be one of the top student and later obtain a scholarship for my master degree.


XOXO

Orang kata jgn berangan tinggi sangat takut tak jadi....tapi bak kata kawan aku....kalo takdak angan2 takkan jadi KLCC tuh. 

Congratulations to En. Hisham Hamdan, our group head . He is now EVP of Energy & Utilities for immediate effect. 
You inspire me a lot. Thank you for your encouragement for me to pursue my degree and i hope i will be the first lady Special Officer to EVP soon. Look forward to assist you in the near future.

7 Readers' Says:

azieazah said...

Tahniah laa... seronok la dok dengaq hang sambung belajaq balik..

Buat elok-elok noo.. Bagi luluih cemerlang. Kak Azie doakan hang berjaya.. dan suksess sekeluarga.

Sementara otak bleh terima, belajaq la Che Yah oooiii..
hat lain toksah dok ingat sangat laarr...

31hb nanti jangan tak pi Sate Station tu... kena pi..

Lee said...

Hello Cheh yah, good for you to improve yourself further.
The World will be waiting for your footprints in 4 years, after you walk up the steps to accept your 1st class Honours degree.
And a proud husband waiting for your return, your kids too.

And you ada boleh dapat title after your name, 'Che Yah. BSc (Hons).
Gaji pun naik 75%, ha ha.

I have a lady friend, about 28, she left behind 3 very young kids, and went abroad to do her Masters. She passed with flying colours.

She returned home couple of months, then went back overseas to do her P.hd.
She just graduated with fantastic results exceeding hers, and her husband's expectation.

You can imagine, leaving behind 3 kids below 7 years old with her hubby and MIL.
Only talk on the phone many thousands of miles across the ocean...worry about them, to hear them asking for her when they sakit....
but she even though tormented, persevered ...

That was 4 years ago getting her degree, then Masters, today a P.hD and best of all, I no longer call her by her beautiful Malay name, but have to address her, 'Doc xxx', ha ha.

So Che Yah, go for it...you can do it. And you will exceed everyone's expectations.

May the wind always be at your back, and the sun upon your face, and the winds of Destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Good luck, best regards, Lee.

acu said...

be strong... sat ja 4 yrs tu..study hard! hikhikhikk

Sya-Hanim Husni said...

Dear all,

Thanks for your support. I am overwhelmed with the encouragement that you give to me.

Kak Azie...mudah2an semuanya berjalan lancar. Mula2 cam sesak napas gak tapi hati kena kuat la, kan...

Uncle Lee...i want 100% raise in my pay. hehehehe......i hope i can complete my studies (bach,ma n phd) by age 40. It is not only for a raise but for my self satisfaction and i want my late father, my mom, my uncle n my beloved husband and daughter to be proud of me. I failed once and i don't want to fail anymore.

Acu....tenkiu2...hang pun kata nak buat masters kan? opppsss...terpecah rahsia plak. hahaha....write ur own blog la weh...bley la aku jd pengomen setia... :D XOXO

ShiRex Avenue said...

che yah...good luck & study hard...aku harap kali ni tercapai cita2 hang...

nk wat master nnt jom kita wat sama2...sorg2 tu yg aku duk malas nk p isi form tu...hahaha

weh..terer betoi kwn hang yg bg kata2 pakai KLCC tu...hehehehe

Sya-Hanim Husni said...

Cik Tip...

Tenkiu2...nak buat masters sama2 aku on ja....tapi jgn ajak Edda...skit2 nk majuk ngn kita...hg igt lg dak? hahaha.....

Kawan yg bg kata2 KLCC tuh hang la....sapa lagi.....teringat zaman remaja dolu2....pi skodeng Zul...hahahaha.....sapa lg arrr? lupo dah teman

ShiRex Avenue said...

aku tau aku yg bg...saja puji diri sendri indirectly...hahahaha

kita wat bertige dh la...hang, aku n pn.seri...


kenangan skodeng yg xdpt aku lupakan...janji akhirnya jadi en.hubby ku...

cinta sejati yg bisa....lupa dh lirik lagu tu...kump. element...hehehe