Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It happened......

This is not the first time i managed an event alone but this is the first time i managed the team for an investor roadshow which consist of 3 continents and more than thousands miles of journey.

The roadshow team members are our President & GCE, Head of Plantation Division, Head of Strategy and Business Development, GroupCFO, Head of Investor Relations & Value Management (My boss) and Special Officer to GCE.

I managed erverything and ensure everything was in order and yes, it was. My boss was impress by my performance and satisfied everything i done. I was so glad that everything was so perfect.

The roadshow begin with an Investor Forum in Las Vegas organised by CLSA. This was terrible as i had some difficulties earlier.Towards the end, i managed to settle everything before the team flew to Vegas on saturday.

Upon arrival at the hotel, they found out that the room booked for our President was cancelled. OMG!!!!!!!!! I received the call at 1.00pm on Sunday. I was so shocked to find out about this as i confirmed everything with the hotel on 8th January and our Mr President was so upset about this. Mati laaaaaaaaaaaa..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent an email on Monday seeking for explanations. I need to know the exact situation as i called the hotel and ask them what caused the cancellation. What i got from CLSA was only a sorry. SORRY jer????????????? igt senang ka woiiiiiiiii???????????? Bos aku dh kena bambu kaw2 punya.......blk sini mesti aku kena.

I feel that this is the failure caused by me. I've checked for 3 times but this things happened. Sampai demam2 la dok pikiaq benda nih. MC 2 hari...still i am working from home to check everything must be in good conditions.

Hopefully our event in London runs smoothly as UBS is superb. I would prefer to work with them instead.

0 Readers' Says: