Thursday, December 18, 2008

Panic Attack

Yesterday morning around 5.30am i was about to feed my little Humaira Safiyyah when blood running out from her mouth. I was so shock. Quickly wake up my husband and within seconds we are ready to go to the hospital. Arrived Hospital Selayang within 10 minutes and straight away we go to the emergency department.

Upon arrival, there were 2 medical assistant there and one of them, a kelantan speaking guy attend to us. After explain my little princess' situation, he rang the NICU. Cakap mcm org lalok...ntah hapa2 tah. I asked him to let me talk to the doctor in NICU and later passed back to him. He gave a card and we go in to the emergency department. We were there for one and half hour before we can meet the doctor. He did not check on my baby at all. Just ask few questions and i told him the long list history of my baby and later he ask the nurse to bring us to do chest x-ray and blood test.

After the x-ray, we were placed at the emergency ward. The nurse came in to take some blood sample. She was crying so loud as it was so painful. Can you imagine the small hand being injected with the needle? She cried and a moment later her mama cried with her while hugging and kissing her to calm her down.

After 15 minutes the doctor came in just to tell us to go home and he told us to come again next monday for the appointment with the paeds....sepatah haram tak citer apa ponnnnn.....haparaaaaaaa.........

Today, we went for an eye check up. It took us merely 4 hours to meet the doctor as her retina is not fully dialated. Aduhhhhh............when we finished it's already 1.00pm means lunch time for all doctors and nurses. I went to the pediatric clinic and met Dr Grace while on our way to the clinic. After telling her on my baby's condition, she told me to wait until her staff came in so that she can arrange for us to meet the doctor today.

Around 2.00pm we met Dr Sam Wong. After few questions asked, he did some physical exam on my little princess. then he discovered whitish spots in her mouth. Then he asked me how did i managed the white spots. I told him that i clean it with cotton buds dip in warm water. He told me that it may caused bleeding in her mouth. He told me to stop doing it and prescribed some medication for her. It is a syrup called Tystatin to be taken 4 times a day for a week. After a week she should be fine. The withish spots is called Oral Thrush which is a condition in which the fungus named Candida albicans infected her mouth.

I will write full details of the Oral Thrush in my next entry.

Btw, her eyes are getting better and the vessels are almost fully develop and reach the 3rd zone of her eyes. This is a good sign and she only need to see the doctor 3 weeks a time now.

0 Readers' Says: