Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am a mother....Part 1

September 12, 2008

The nurse woke me up at 7.00 to bring me to the PSC (I dunno what this stands for but it is located in Dewan Bersalin (labor hall) as the doctor is waiting for me there. I asked her for a few minutes for me to go to the toilet to change the panty and pad. By the time I finished my urinating, I couldn’t stand anymore as I am so much in pain on my back and my waist. The nurse knocked the toilet door and I opened it. I told her I cannot even wear my panty as I am so much in pain and I cried. She helped me to put the pad on the panty and waited for me to wear my panty. Thanks a lot for her help. Upon arrival at the PSC, the doctor already waiting for me and she do the scanning. When I told her that I had so much pain last nite, she looked into my uterus using the speculum and she said I am 4-5cm dilated. She said I will be delivered soon. I cried as I know the circumstances. My baby maybe died due to her small size. I cried and told her I was not ready. She said immediately I am pregnant, I must be ready for everything. I asked the nurse for help to call my husband and she lend her mobile to me. I called my husband and asked him to come to the hospital. Then the nurse send me to the labor room. I asked for a glass of water as I haven’t eat anything since 9.00pm last nite. She gave me half glass of water and send me to the labor room.

It is just a small room only located 1 bed with the dentist look alike light but slightly bigger . I do not see any surgical equipment in there. The other nurse came in and touch my belly just to check any contraction, put drip on my right hand and put a detector to check my baby’s movement I told her that I was so much in pain. She asked me to pray a lot . Then the doctor came in as well as the peadiatrician as they brief on my condition. After a while my husband arrived. I cried while telling him that I had so much pain on my waist. Rasa cam nk putuih pinggang wehhhhhh……… then the doctor came in to give me pain killer. She gave me 2 shots on my thigh to reduce the pain. I slept for a while then later the consultant came in. She asked me my condition and I told her what had happened last nite as the doctor in ward giving me 2 paracetamol to ease my pain. The consultant aka the big boss was so mad to her staff and she said I shouldn’t be giving paracetamol. Habih laaaaaaaaaa…………..even the nurse who put in the detector was scolded by her as she said the stap was so tight and shouldn’t be that way. Then she looked into my uterus using speculum and I am 9cm dilated, about 5 cm different within 2 hours. The nurse came in and ask if I feel like to poo poo but I said no. I fall asleep for awhile then I woke up when I heard a lady next door delivering. I heard the doctor asked her to push for a number of time. Suddenly I felt something came out. I asked my husband to call the doctor but he is nowhere. I shouted calling for doctor as she is only next door and she came in with the nurse. I asked her what should I do and she instructed me how should I do. And that time I can feel they do the episiotomy (using the something looks like scissors).Within 5 minutes the baby came out. 1 second I heard nothing. I asked the doctor why my baby is not crying and I feel so nervous. Suddenly I heard her voice cried once. Immediately the nurse cut the unbilical cord and bring her out to the peads. I asked about my baby but the doctor couldn’t answer. She asked me to be patient and pray a lot and I broke down.

While my baby was sent to NICU, the doctor pull out my placenta,however only 40cc came out and remaining 60cc still in my uterus. They tried to pull it out but failed. Few doctors came in to do it but the placenta still in there. It was so painful. Later they asked my consent for me to be sent to the OT to do the surgery for the placenta to be removed. It is almost an hour while waiting and another doctor (she is my bestfren look alike) came in. She touched my belly and later the placenta and pull it out. Alhamdulillah…the remaining 60cc of placenta successfully removed by her and I do not need to be in OT which I really scared of. Then the doctor do the remaining procedures. She do the stitches on the epi, clean me up,changed my clothes.

Then she asked me to rest for an hour in the room and ask me to take my lunch. Mana boleyyyyyyy.....i was so tired and can only take water. Tak lalu nak makan dah...hati teringat ke anak. Then my mom came in. I broke down when i see her and told her baout my baby. My mom pon keryau sama la...but she managed to hear that my baby is a girl.

Later my husband came back from friday prayer and my mom went out to wait for me in the ward. After the doctor satisfied with my condition, they send me back to the ward. I took a nap for a while as i was so tired. Late in the afternoon i need to go to the bathroom and changed. I managed to walk but i ask my husband to help me in there. Luckily he was with me, i almost fainted while i was changing. It is due to blood loss and i haven't taken anything since yesterday.

My mom and my husband left around 9.00pm. I managed to see my baby through my husband's mobile phone as he took her pic while performing iqamah to her ear. Other info remain unknown.

0 Readers' Says: