Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Pregnancy.......Complication

September 1, 2008

1st day of fasting. Everything seems perfect as I told my baby that we need to fast today and no food during the day. I guess my baby understands as she just kept quiet all day long. I just did some household chores. So tired today and I managed to have sugar cane juice which I crave for so long….yummy…….

September 2, 2008

1st day to work in Ramadhan. I drive to work today to make our life easier. We wanted to avoid heavy traffic back home so I decided to drive for the whole month of Ramadhan. I was in the toilet to poo poo. Suddenly, there are some clear fluid coming out. I feel strange as it was not my urine. When I came out from the toilet, the fluid doesn’t stop and it was more fluid coming out wet my panty and clothes. I quickly drove back home to meet the doc. Again, the fluid rushing out heavily when I arrived the clinic. She said that the fluid came from my waterbag/membrane. When she do the scanning, it shows that the amount of fluid in my membrane reduced and she advised me to be referred to the hospital. We decided to go to Damai Service Hospital, Taman Melawati. I refused to go to government hospital due to my very bad imagination of government hospitals (the fierce nurses, the bad food, dirty toilets etc).

We have to meet look alike George Clooney, Dr Halim as he was the only gynae there. The lady gynae is only available 3 days a week. What to do…I had to meet him…no choice. He gave me antibiotics to avoid infections and I was given 4 days mc for me to rest at home and will be seeing him again on Saturday.

September 3, 2008

My husband went off to Melaka for his business trip. Will be back the following day. I stayed at Pak Ngah’s house as my husband does not allow me to stay alone at home. So do due to my health and other reason. The leaking still occur 2-3 hours a time. I can feel that the fluid drained from my uterus. For those who never know how the fluid look alike, it is clear in color and has no smell. It is an amniotic fluid and smell like alcaline as ammonia is an alkaline.

September 4, 2008

Woke up late today and besides I have nothing to do here. No lappy, no internet so I just spend my time reading my pregnancy book and I found a term called PPROM in the book and the symptoms similar to what I am facing now. Just had juice and toast for breakfast and lunch today. The leaking still occur 3-4 hours a time and this worrying me. My husband arrived at 11.00pm and we headed home.

September 5, 2008

Staying at home watching tv and sleep. So bored. Nothing to do. I hope that I can recover in 2-3 days and will be able to go to work on Monday. I still take antibiotics given by the doctor and the dosage will be expired tonite. I will be seeing the doctor again tomorrow.

September 6, 2008

We went to the hospital at 10.00am and the doctor gave me injection to matured the baby’s lung if I had to deliver early. But the risk is so high as the baby may be dead or alive depending on the situation. He gave another antibiotics to replace the one I took earlier. I need to see him again tomorrow for another injection to complete the treatment.

September 7, 2008

Meet the doctor again for another shot of injection and we headed home. Nur arrived with her mom, sister and her baby boy Dani. She gave me Zamzam, our holy water for healing. I drink everytime after performing my prayer and I put some of the water on my belly with a prayer that I can recover soon. The doctor hope that I can stand for another 10 weeks so that I can deliver my baby safely.

September 8, 2008

The leaking only happened in the morning at 7 and stop until 7.30pm. After I had dinner with my husband (I said dinner as I was not fasting), the fluid running out again heavily every time I moved and even a small movement may caused the leak.

September 9, 2008

We went for a second opinion in another clinic as I couldn’t get to meet Dr Hamid Arshad, one of the best gynae in town. The doctor advised us to go straight to government hospital as they have a lot of facilities there. My husband decided to bring me to Hospital Selayang. I was crying all the way as I don’t want to go there. I had a very bad imagination about government hospitals. Huhuhuu…….upon arrival at the gynae clinic there, they referred me to the labour room. After do some scanning and other procedures, they warded me there. Adoiyaiiiiiiii………my first time staying in the hospital. I requested my husband to transfer me to first class ward but for tonite, I need to stay at the 6 bedded 3rd class ward. I couldn’t even sleep as I was staying with nursing mothers and their babies’ keep crying. Dugaan betoiiii……..the nurses came in every few hours to do check ups as that is normal routine. Punya la byk ganguan. How I am supposed to sleep????????


September 10, 2008

Still warded. Meet a gynae who is also a lecturer with School of Medicine, UiTM. Has some words with him and I asked him if the leaking due to my active lifestyle (shopping, moving around the office, taking stairs). He said that most of the cases due to urine infections and he said it was not my fault and I shouldn’t blame myself for this. He asked my permission if his students could do practical exam with me tomorrow and I agreed. Spending my time whole day reading and sleeping.


September 11, 2008

It’s Alea’s birthday today. I wish she is safe in the US and having good time study there. There was some yellowish color discharged on my pas this morning while I wake up for fajr prayer. I alerted my mom to come as I’m afraid that the discharge is infection. According to the doctor, if I had any color of discharged, the fetus may infect and they have to operate me to bring the baby out. It is to ensure that I am not infected by the infected fetus.

around 10.00am the student and 2 doctors met me for the exam of their student. She was so nervous and the exam ended 15 minutes later.

When I show the discharged to the burse, she said that it is normal due to changes of hormone and I feel relieved. My mom arrived in the evening and she will be visiting me tomorrow.

I couldn’t sleep the whole night as I had back pain and a bit pain on my belly. I rang the nurse and she alerted the doctor. When the doctor look trough the speculum, she saw nothing and I was given 2 paracetamol to reduced the pain. I can sleep for a while but still the pain came on and off. I keep running to the toilet to ease my pain but it doesn't help. I saw some blood while i urinate and this worried me. Hope nothing bad happened to me and my baby



3 Readers' Says:

Anonymous said...

I just dont know what to say now... Your story make me dont want to have babies in Msia!
At least from your story, I know now why the Japanese doc keep on checking on infection at the vagina all the time. They have so many alien disease name that I am not aware of. Tanya ada gatal2 ke tak n many many check up for any trace of infection.
Keep on updating ya. All the best for u and your family.

Sya-Hanim Husni said...

Hi Farah,

Dont blame the hospital. This PPROM only happened 3% out of total pregnancies in the US.I read Heidi Murkoff book. I also had all test but my urine doesn't show any infections. I will write later about this so called PPROM.

Anonymous said...

Camne i tak salahkan hospital. Your story sooo menakutkan!!!
Kalu kat Jepun doc n nurse tu dah kena saman dah tau.